A couple of weeks ago I posted 5 Predictions for 2015…well that post was really supposed to be 10, but it got a little long so I split it.
My first 5 had to do with:
1. Varied Content will be KING
2. Content Marketing is the New Buzzword
3. Social Media Becomes More Thoughtful
4. LinkedIn is the new “IT” Social Media Site
5. Google’s Penguin 3.X Rolling Updates
6. Watch Your Numbers Closely – In order to get ahead of the game in 2015, we’ll have to be on top of our game. This means paying close attention to our Google Analytics and Google Webmasters to see how people are getting to our sites and what they are spending time reading/watching while they’re there. And then…do more of that.
7. Make Connections Online in Your Niche – Blogging is about building community both with your readers and other bloggers. You can’t do it alone. It will be VERY important in the new year that you participate in blogging groups (The Blogging Bunch FB Group is a great place to start!), have cross blog conversations, guest post, comment on other blogs and social media posts – basically do whatever you can to build genuine relationships with other bloggers.
8. Make Connections Offline in Your Niche – Not only do you need to build those relationships online, but offline too. Start a blogging group in your city that you meet with monthly. Go to Chamber of Commerce meetings. Go to blogging conventions (Make sure you’re signed up for our newsletter because we’ll have more info about our own event in the summer of 2015!). Get out there and meet people in person.
9. Put More Time into Social Media – Just because you write it – doesn’t mean they will come to read it. You have to tell people you’ve written it! I once heard a BIG blogger say that you should spend 20% of your time writing and 80% of your time promoting. While I think that’s a bit extreme, he’s the BIG blogger. I would suggest 50/50. Set an editorial calendar for your social media sites too. Don’t ignore the biggies – FB, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram! Make sure that you are posting to each regularly and interacting regularly. (Read my post on My New FB Strategy)
10. Put More Money into Social Media – We’ve all gotten used to social media being work, but being a free way to promote our sites. That my friends…is OVER. Facebook will be the first, but Twitter and Pinterest aren’t far behind. Let’s face it, we want to make money from our sites…and so do they. Learning to set up your ads correctly will be very important so that you get the most bang for your buck. Many people say that boosting posts and paying for FB ads has been successful for them, so don’t write it off. (Jon Loomer is the person to follow if you want to learn more about FB ads.)
Somethings will take some getting used to in 2015, but I think we’ll still be SUPER successful. We’ll have to stick together and continue to learn together and help boost each other.
We’d love to have you join our community – The Blogging Bunch Facebook Group – we work very hard to both learn and share together!