Summer can be a rough time for bloggers.
Most of us have kids who are now home – FULL TIME!
And most of our readers also have those same kids home and are not getting a chance to get online as much so our traffic takes a dive.
We’ve got 6 things that you can do now that will help you be ready to take the blogosphere by storm come Fall.
6 Tips To Surviving The Summer
1. Revamp Old Posts – Use my anatomy of a blog post graphic to make sure that your posts are formatted correctly for SEO. Also, go back and add affiliate links to old posts so that all posts that can be monetized are.
2. Redo Your Photos – Go back through some of your more popular posts and make sure that your photos are what you want them to be. Check that anatomy of a blog post graphic to make sure that you’ve SEO’d your images correctly too. Make sure that you’re using Picmonkey to add your blog title and site name to your images.
3. Work on Social Media Followings – Join our TBB Support Group, actively follow people on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and StumbleUpon.
4. Work on an Editorial Calendar – Make sure that you have a plan for the Fall when life really gets crazy. You want to know exactly what you’ll be blogging about so you can use your time efficiently.
5. Check Your Stats – Go into Google Analytics and see what your top posts have been for the last month, 3 months, 6 months and year. Then use that information to create your Editorial Calendar and fill it with similar posts.
6. Reorganize Your Blog – Are there things that aren’t being clicked on in your sidebar? Get rid of them. Do your Categories in your Menu Bar reflect what you actually blog about? Go through our 31 Days to Build a Better blog free email course and we’ll walk you through the steps to get your blog in shape.
Also follow my YouTube channel so you can follow our other Hangouts.