YouTube is a massive power house of a search engine with over 1 billion users EACH MONTH. And I’m here to tell you that if you’re not working on increasing the videos you have on there…you’re missing out on a lot of traffic.
It’s a great way for your readers to connect with you – they see your face and hear your voice and make a decision to like you or not. And if they like you, then they will become loyal to you…and so will their friends.
One problem with YouTube is that you just upload the latest video and it posts to your page in that order. And if you have over 20 videos, it can make it difficult for your followers to find exactly what they’re looking for.
But, today I’m going to show you how creating playlists will help get your page organized and help keep people on your channel longer.
How to Create a Playlist on YouTube
1. Click on Playlist On your YouTube channel you’ll see a menu bar. Click on the word playlist.
2. Create a New Playlist On the top left you’ll see “+New playlist”. Click that and then type in the name of your new playlist and then click Create.
3. Add Videos – Now click Add Videos on the far right. When the next box pops up, click “Your YouTube Videos” and then click on as many of your videos that fit that playlist as you want. Then click Add Videos.
4. Add a Section – Now go back to your Home page. Scroll to the bottom and click Add a Section. Under Content choose “single playlist”. The next line of boxes will pop up. The first says My Playlists, but we need to adjust the second box by choosing the playlist we want to display. Then click Done.
5. Adjust the Placement – Now if you hover over the right corner of the playlist box, you will see up and down arrows. These allow you to order the playlists and moves the entire row up or down depending on how you want your followers to move through your channel.
6. Edit the Playlist – You can also edit the playlist by clicking the pencil in the top right corner of the playlist box. You can rename it or trash it.
7. Add More Videos to Your Playlist – Once a week (or month depending on how often you are adding videos) you should go back into the main Playlist page and organize your newer videos into the playlists. Just click on the title of the playlist. This will take you to a page that shows all the videos on that playlist. Then you can click Add Videos on the right side and add your newer videos to the existing playlists.
Here’s a short video to walk you the steps: