I love lists! I’m not so good at accomplishing everything on my list, but writing them sure is satisfying. I have lists for the grocery store, lists for all the things I need to do but don’t want to and probably never will, and lists of things I either need to do or want to write about on my blog. Lists are helpful for keeping it all together…and, they make great content, too! Here’s why.
- Lists allow you to put lots of information in one post. I did a series of posts on cloth diapers awhile back. I wanted to share all of my favorite brands, but my post was so long – I knew I needed to shorten it and make it easier to read. So, I made a simple list.
- Lists are easy to read. It’s easier to scan a list for a piece of information than having to read a whole post to find what you’re looking for.
- Lists make directions easy to follow. If you’re posting a tutorial, or instructions for anything – it’s almost always going to be easier for your reader to follow if it’s in a list format. I was trying to figure out how to enter a contest earlier today for a blog post I was writing. I was supposed to encourage my readers to enter the contest, but the instructions were so convoluted, it made no sense! I finally found a post someone had written where they listed out each step to entering the contest…ahhh, clarity!
- Lists are easy to write. You don’t need a graceful segue into the next topic you’re discussing on your post – you can just start a new bullet with your next point!
- Lists are helpful. People are more likely to share helpful and easy-to-understand content that helps them solve a problem than they are to share long, rambly posts. Some of my most popular posts, traffic-wise, are lists.
Now, it’s time for you to show off a favorite list post that you’ve written! Just link up below with your list so we can all check it out!